Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Review
Gold standard is an appropriate representative of the best-selling whey protein powder within the sports nutrition industry. It has been voted ‘Protein powder of the Year’ at the bodybuilding.com awards for the tenth year now in a row.
Whey proteins present in Gold Standard 100% whey are rapidly absorbed into the blood stream. As a result, they actively aid the recovery process after workout. Moreover, they support muscle growth which is useful for athletes who need stronger muscles.
- Price 85%
- Composition 95%
- Taste 95%
- Negative Side Effects 95%
Gold standard is manufactured in a GMP compliant company that is owned and operated by facilities within the USA.
The primary ingredient in Gold Standard 100% Whey is WPI (whey protein isolates). WPI is mixed with ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate to provide the user with a standard serving of 24g all-whey protein. Each serving consists of rapidly digesting whey protein with little quantities of cholesterol, fat and lactose. The mixture also supplies about 5.5g of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) which are useful for muscle building among athletes.
Other ingredients include a protein blend, cocoa, artificial flavor, acesulfame potassium and lecithin. The protein blend often constitutes whey protein isolates mixed with concentrates and peptides.
Gold standard has over 20 tempting flavors for users to choose from. The numerous flavors provide plenty of ways to maintain an interesting workout recovery program. Popular flavors include:
Double rich chocolate
Cookies & cream
Vanilla ice cream
French vanilla cream
Extreme milk chocolate
Caramel toffee fudge
Chocolate peanut butter
Gold standard sizes
Gold standard 100% whey is manufactured in various sizes. Common sizes include the 2, 3.31, 3.32, 3.33, 5 and 10 Pound.
Best time to enjoy
Gold standard is best enjoyed in the morning, suitably 30 minutes before or after workout.
Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey is a reliable protein blend for consumption between meals or before and after workout. The wide range of flavors and their pleasant taste makes the blend a forerunner in the protein supplement industry.
- Most of the flavors have a satisfactory taste. Users can try the different flavors to find one that is appealing and satisfactory. No wonder Gold standard has been voted the best whey protein supplement for several years now.
- Gold standard is encased in a nice compact tub with simple and clear usage instructions. The package label also constitutes a nutrition panel with percentages of all constituents.
- All the flavors of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey proteins mix extremely well with a blender, spoon or shaker. Minimal residue or clumps are observed at the base of the cup, shaker or glass. Furthermore, frothing or foaming occurs rarely.
- It is not suitable for use as a long acting protein supplement since it is absorbed rather quickly.
- The blend is low in carbohydrates which is beneficial for post – workout restoration. To be effective, it has to be combined with an additional post – workout carbohydrate.